Monday 3 March 2014

Vegetable Pancakes




Having the mentality of a toddler, pancake day is one of the most exciting days of the year for me and the variations of types is beyond exciting. This year I discovered a new type; the vegetable pancake, whilst having dinner at a friends house. Initially, I was rather unsure about this combination, however, I must say this has rapidly become one of my favourite dishes and is perfect for a pancake day lunch or dinner. The pancake contains a selection of vegetables of your choice - my preference is carrots, broccoli and green beans - topped with passata sauce and mozzarella cheese.

To make the pancakes (I usually get 4/5 pancakes out of this mix) :
Mix -
250g flour
250g milk
250g water
2 eggs
Heat a frying pan with a little oil/butter until it begins to steam. Pour the batter onto the frying pan and allow to cook for a few minutes before flipping (you don't want to allow the pancakes to brown too much as you will cook these again later on)

Fill the pancakes with cooked vegetables of your choice and roll them up. Place these into a casserole dish or baking tray (you do not need to grease this), top with passata sauce and mozzarella cheese, then cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Once cooked, allow to cool before eating - they will be very hot! Enjoy!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment